When coping with the realities of a loved one’s passing, dealing with legal issues involving the administration of the estate can be overwhelming — especially if you do not understand the laws and complex procedures involved. You need an experienced professional to navigate you through the complex issues involved and, in some situations, to take on the burden of probating the estate.
While the probate and estate administration process can be lengthy and confusing, I work to simplify to process and help clients through it with ease. I am Vienna, Virginia, probate lawyer Lisa Lane McDevitt. I have the extensive experience, knowledge and compassion you need for peace of mind during the probate process. I represent clients in the Fairfax area and throughout Virginia. Contact me today for a free consultation.
Helping You Navigate Probate and Estate Administration
I advise clients who have been named executor in a family member’s will as well as administrators of a loved one’s estate when there is not a valid will. Among the many facets of the process I am adept at handling for clients, I assist with:
- Filing and validating the will with the probate court
- Collecting the decedent’s assets and retitling property to the estate
- Notifying known creditors and making appropriate legal notifications for the benefit of unknown creditors
- Reviewing creditor claims, paying valid debts and disputing illegitimate claims
- Resolving will contests or other estate/probate litigation
- Preparing and filing estate taxes
- Proceeding with asset distribution in accordance with the will or with intestate laws if there is not a valid will
- Closing the estate
Whether providing estate planning advice or guiding clients through probate or estate administration, I devote my practice to serving the needs of individuals and families.
Contact an Experienced Fairfax, Virginia, Estate Administration Lawyer
If you have been named as the executor of a loved one’s estate, let me handle the technical legal issues. Contact me at my Vienna, Virginia law office for a free consultation to discuss your case with a compassionate, skilled attorney.